The Seagulls Academy supported by the Brisbane Broncos, is the Elite Player Development Program run by the Wynnum Manly Seagulls.
The Seagulls Academy is a program to educate young players who have displayed potential about all aspects of Rugby League, both on and off the field. The club is committed to providing resources to this program to enable it to provide the best possible program to our future Seagulls. Recently the club completed a significant redevelopment of its training facility and boasts ‘first class’ training and match facilities for all Seagulls Academy players.
The Seagulls Academy program plays a crucial role in the recruitment structure of the Seagulls. The purpose of the program is to produce the bulk of our Intrust Super Cup squad into the future. The 2017 season saw two graduates from the Seagulls Academy debut in Intrust Super Cup and the Seagulls have produced a number of talented players including Jake Granville, Mitchell Dodds and Chris McQueen.
Sessions will be split between Rugby League specific skill development, strength & athletic performance, nutritional education and social education.
The Junior Academy consists of players aged between 12 to 15. The Senior Academy consists of players aged between 16 to 20 and incorporates the Mal Meninga U18s and Hastings Deering U20s sides.
- Elite coaching and mentoring
- Specific Rugby League skill development
- Strength and athletic education and performance management
- Nutritional information and education sessions
- Career management and personal development session
- Social education skills session
- Affiliation with the Brisbane Broncos
Want to join the Seagulls Academy?
For information on how to join the Seagulls Academy squads, please contact the Seagulls Academy Manager, Glen Dreger on firstname.lastname@example.org
The following positions are available:
- Seagulls Academy Coaches – send a cover letter and your coaching CV to Glen Dreger on email@example.com