By QRL Media
This Sunday the Seagulls host cross-town rivals Norths Devils in a match-up which will have a significant bearing on the layout of the Intrust Super Cup finals series.
For Wynnum Manly, the equation is simple, win and secure second place and two home semi finals at BMD Kougari Oval.
Norths too, will be keen to secure a victory in the final round of the Intrust Super Cup regular season. A win over the Gulls will present the possible chance of a top four finish for the first time since 2010.
Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
BMD Kougari Oval on Sunday, September 1 – 2pm
Head-to-Head: Wynnum 25 Norths 19 Drawn 2
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #WYNvDEVILS
Tipping % – via QRL Tipping: Wynnum 86% Norths 14%
Livestream: Seagulls TV
- Devils flyer Herbie Farnworth is back in the side this weekend and requires two more tries to equal the club’s Cup season try-scoring record of 21 set by Derek Fletcher in 2004.
- In what shapes as a classic matchup, Norths have won their past four away games (excluding their ‘Get in the Game’ Country Week to the Sunshine Coast at Nanango) and have also won their past four games.
- The Wynnum Manly Seagulls have not only won four of their past five games, they have also won the past three, and four of the past five games against Norths.
- They have also won the past eight games against the Devils when played at BMD Kougari Oval and they have been strong in general at home, winning their past four and nine of their past 10 games there.
- Queensland Under 18 representative Reece Hoffman made his Intrust Super Cup debut in last weekend and has again been named for the Gulls in the centres.