Board Appointment Independent Director
The Wynnum Manly Seagulls are a Rugby League Football club based at Kougari Oval, in Brisbane’s bayside suburb of Manly West, which neighbours the suburb of Wynnum. Our catchment and presence extend to the surrounding regions of Redlands and Beenleigh; and is complimented by a formal association with the Queensland Rugby League and the Brisbane Broncos National Rugby League Football Club. We have a comprehensive; professional and high-profile football program competing at all levels including the top level QRL Host Plus Cup for men and the BMD Premiership for women.
Wynnum Manly Seagulls Rugby League Football Club (Wynnum Manly Seagulls) is seeking a Non-Executive Independent Director to join our Board. You must be an independent thinker, contributing constructively to our Board’s decision-making process and adding value to the board through your independence and experience. This role is initially for a two-year term, with extensions up to a maximum of 6 years.
The successful candidate will ideally have financial; legal; or marketing expertise – or other relevant skills that will complement the current board. As a member of the Board, you may also serve on committees and participate in key decision-making processes, without being involved in the day-to-day running of the football club operations. As an independent thinker, you’ll bring respectful and confident expression of views, contributing constructively to our Board’s decision-making process.
You must be able to assist the current Board and leadership team to successfully fulfil the objectives of our strategic plans. Previous experience with Sporting and/or Community based Not for Profit organisations would be highly regarded.
Qualifications, skills, and experiences
The ideal candidate will have previous board or senior leadership team level experience. You must be able to work in a collaborative environment that is committed to ensuring the ongoing success of Wynnum Manly Seagulls both on the sporting field and with our brand presence in the broader community.
Ideal attributes our Independent Director may include (but not limited to):
- Experience and demonstrated performance as a Board or Senior Leadership Team member of an organisation, or as a private business owner.
- Understanding and application of risk; governance; diversity and inclusion principals associated with a high-profile community based or sporting organisation.
- Marketing and / or financial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to obtain and maintain an ASIC Director Identification Number
- Participation in the Australian Institute of Company Directors Course.
- Abide by and endorse Wynnum Manly Seagulls organisational values of Greatness, United, Leadership, Loyalty, Selfless.
Please include all relevant skills and experience that you feel adequately demonstrates your suitability to contribute to the Board.
Meeting Commitments and Remuneration
The Wynnum Manly Seagulls Board convenes monthly and Board members may also serve on sub-committees as needed. The position is voluntary and as such no remuneration is applicable.
Please forward all enquiries to CEO Wayne Weekes (Wayne.Weekes@wynnumseagulls.com.au)