Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Redcliffe Dolphins
BMD Kougari Oval on Sunday, September 15 – 12.05pm*
Watch live on GEM
Head-to-Head: Redcliffe 31 Wynnum 18 drawn 2
Head-to-Head finals results: Redcliffe 3 – Wynnum 2 (1997 1v2 Red 17-12; 2003 preliminary final Redcliffe 46-26; 2008 elimination final Redcliffe 50-16; 2011 preliminary final Wynnum 36-0; 2012 grand final Wynnum 20-10)
Overall finals record: Wynnum – played 25, won 11, lost 14; Redcliffe – played 50, won 31, lost 19
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #WYNvPHINS #UptheGulls #lesscroo #wearethedolphins
- As if the rivalry couldn’t get any bigger! Old foes the Dolphins and Wynnum Manly Seagulls will go head to head in week two of the finals to see who will progress to face the Townsville Blackhawks in the preliminary final.
- This season, the sides have recorded one win apiece. In Round 17, Redcliffe were too good when they claimed a 32-20 win at Dolphin Stadium; while back in Round 3, the Seagulls were the victors 18-10 at BMD Kougari Oval.
- The Dolphins come into this game after a thrilling one-point win over Tweed last weekend, while Wynnum’s loss at home last week against Burleigh was only their second in 12 games at BMD Kougari Oval this year.
- Redcliffe have won their past six, and 10 of their past 11 games – a huge turnaround from the start of the season where they only won four of their first 13 games.
- In the head-to-head states, Redcliffe come out on top and they have also won three of the past four games played against the Gulls. They have also claimed three of the past four games against them at BMD Kougari Oval.
- Redcliffe have won their past five away games, after winning only one of their first seven away games this year.
- In a stat they will want to turn around quick smart, Wynnum Manly have lost the past three finals matches they have been involved with.
- On the other hand, the Dolphins have won their past four finals matches.
- Wynnum Manly five-eighth Patrick Templeman scored a try and kicked four goals in his side’s loss to Burleigh last weekend and is now 18 points short of the club’s Cup points scoring record of 192 set by Damien Quinn in 2003.
- Named in the centres for this weekend’s match, this is set to be the 50th appearance for Redcliffe for Jeremy Hawkins (including last year’s NRL state championship game).
- Star Redcliffe centre Izaia Perese has not been named for the Dolphins as he is on the reserves list for the Brisbane Broncos.