The popular ‘Get in the Game’ Country Week round has arrived with five Queensland towns set to welcome the Intrust Super Cup into their communities for the first time this weekend.
Nanango, Pittsworth, Cloncurry, Thursday Island and Ilfracombe are all about to get their first taste of Queensland’s premier statewide competition.
A cyber security information course, coaching clinics and League Stars introductory sessions have all been taking place in the lead up to the main event on Saturday. NRL Game Development staff will facilitate a girls tackle gala and various modified games. On Saturday, Seagulls coach Adam Brideson and Cutters coach Steve Sheppard will provide a coaching update, while Cloncurry and Town juniors face off in a number of curtain raiser games.
Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Mackay Cutters
The Eddie Lee Field, Cloncurry on Saturday, July 20 at 7pm
Head-to-head: Wynnum 11 Mackay 11
Twitter: #IntrustSuperCup #WYMvMC
Tipping % via QRL Tipping: Wynnum 96% Cutters 4%
- Wynnum Manly edged out Mackay 16-8 earlier this season
- Wynnum Manly have won the past two games between these sides
- Patrick Templeman landed his 100th Cup goal last weekend – he needs one more to kick 100 for Wynnum Manly
- Mackay speedster and former Jets premiership-winning fullback Carlin Anderson requires two more points to bring up 700 in the Intrust Super Cup
- Anderson scored two tries in Mackay’s tight win over the CQ Capras last weekend