Townsville Blackhawks v Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Jack Manski Oval on Saturday, September 21 – 3pm
Head-to-Head: Townsville Blackhawks 6, Wynnum Manly 1
Head-to-Head finals results: first clash
Overall finals record: Townsville (played 7, won 3, lost 4); Seagulls (played 26, won 12, lost 14)
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #TSVBvWYN #tsvblackhawks #lesscro #UptheGulls
Livestream: Seagulls TV
- This Saturday’s match up is shaping up as a beauty with two strong teams facing off in their knock out match.
- The last time the two sides met in Round 22, Townsville came out on top 22-18 in a close one at Jack Manski Oval, while earlier in the season, it was the Seagulls claiming the win; proving too strong 28-12 at BMD Kougari Oval.
- Overall this season, the Blackhawks have proven hard to beat at home and have won 11 of their past 12 games. Their only loss came against the Sunshine Coast in Round 10.
- Their home base has also proven to be a lucky charm for the Blackhawks so far against the Seagulls, having won all four games they have played against Wynnum Manly at the venue.
- The Seagulls have had solid success on the road this season and have claimed win in six of their 10 away games this year.
- In team news, the Blackhawks are set to welcome back forward Jake Marketo and Cowboys centre Murray Taulagi into their 17.
- Prop Corey Jensen has been named to feature in his 71st game for the Blackhawks, passing Jon Reuben to move to third place for games for Townsville (behind Michael Parker-Walshe on 75 and Anthony Mitchell with 72).
- This will also be the 100th Cup game for fellow prop Joe Boyce who previously played with the Souths Logan Magpies.
- For the Seagulls, five-eighth Patrick Templeman (on 182 points) requires 11 more to set a new record for most points in a Cup season for the club. Damien Quinn with 192 is the target to beat.