The Wynnum Manly Seagulls are pleased to announce a three-year extension with its NRL Affiliate Club the Brisbane Broncos.
The affiliation will allow the Seagulls to work strategically with the Broncons on a mutually beneficial basis across a range of key areas led by talent development, community engagement and commercial growth.
Broncos Interim CEO Neil Monaghan said the affiliate model helped strengthen the Club’s footprint across its Brisbane rugby league heartland.
“These three great QRL Clubs possess a combined 560 teams and almost 10,000 participants in both senior and junior teams,” said Monaghan.
“It makes sense for us to strengthen our long-term alliance with Norths, Souths Logan and Wynnum Manly on a range of levels in terms of developing talent and providing a pathway to the NRL, and helping invest in the game at a grassroots level.
“We are the Brisbane Broncos and strengthening our partnerships with these three local clubs for the next three years sends a strong message that Brisbane is indeed our heartland.”
Key points of the Broncos Affiliate Club model include:
- This strategic long-term alignment solidifies creates a nursery of male and female talent right across the city of Brisbane;
- The Broncos Commercial team working alongside all three Affiliate Clubs, developing commercial opportunities that extend across the NRL and NRLW Teams, Intrust Super Cup Clubs, and Junior teams;
- The Broncos will run fan activations at nominated Intrust Super Cup matches in 2021, providing rewarding experiences for grassroots supporters;
- The three Affiliate Clubs will also promote Broncos events and matches throughout the season;
- Broncos Fans will also be able to keep up to date with the emerging stars via weekly Intrust Super Cup match reports that will feature across Broncos digital Channels.
In addition, the Wynnum Manly Seagulls will also continue to host an annual NRL trial match with the Broncos.
Wynnum Manly Seagulls CEO Hanan Laban said: “The Broncos’ commitment to the Wynnum Manly Seagulls, Norths Devils and Souths Logan Magpies, is a strong endorsement of the great work each club is doing in their communities.
“It provides a clear pathway for aspiring junior players in our regions to develop and reach the highest levels in rugby league. In addition, the Broncos’ commercial support will strengthen our ability to promote our match days and partners, which improves the long term sustainability for each club.”
The allocation of Broncos players to the three Affiliate Clubs for the 2021 season are as follows:
Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Souths Logan Magpies