By Seagulls Media
The stakes are high at BMD Kougari Oval this Saturday night when the Wynnum Manly Seagulls host the Northern Pride, with news of an exciting ‘Kick for Cash’ initiative by Chemist Warehouse emerging.
Whilst both teams look to add two very valuable competition points to their season’s tally, one lucky Seagulls supporter will be kicking to add $2000 dollars to their bank account.
The initiative which is spearheaded by Seagulls’ sponsor Chemist Warehouse, will present one of its customers the opportunity to kick a conversion from in front of goal, 40 meters out for $2000 during half time of the first grade game.
Whilst the winner is encouraged to take the attempt themselves, they will be given the unique proposition of allowing one Seagulls Hastings Deering COLTS player to take the attempt for them, to win $1000 respectively.
The ‘Kick for Cash’ is coupled with the announcement that all Chemist Warehouse customers who spend over $30 in store at either of its Wynnum and Tingalpa stores will receive free entry into the game.
Chemist Warehouse area manager Joshua Rose is excited to give back to the Wynnum Manly community through the ‘Kick for Cash’ initiative.
“Our partnership with the Wynnum Manly Seagulls is a way of showing that we are business which is committed to helping communities grow.
The Kick for Cash and free entry engagement is a chance to celebrate both organisations’ customers and supporters, whilst saying thank you in a fun and inventive way.”
Customers are asked to bring their store receipts to the game, where they will be exchanged for free entry to the ground.
Those who wish to go in the draw for the Kick for Cash will be asked to write their name on the back of the receipt before submitting it into the barrel located by the front gate.
Read below for key information on the Chemist Warehouse ‘Kick for Cash’ promotion.
Kick For Cash – Key Information
- Purchase $30 in store at Chemist Warehouse Wynnum & Tingalpa to go in the draw
- After purchase, Customers are entitled to FREE entry into the Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Northern Pride match on Saturday 16th June 2018
- Customers are advised the keep their receipt and are asked to present this at the front gate for FREE entry into the game
- Customers will then be given the opportunity to enter the ‘Kick for Cash’ draw by writing their name on the receipt and submitting this receipt into the barrel located the the front gate
- 10 minutes prior to the first grade game, 3 finalists will be drawn at random from the barrel
- The one winner will be drawn at random from the 3 finalists at half time during the first grade game
- The kick will take place at half-time in the first grade match
- The winner has an option to place kick a goal from the 40 meter line themselves for $2000, or they can opt to take a lucky dip draw from the current Seagulls COLTS Team and that player can take the kick for them for $1000
- If either person misses, the customer will receive a second chance kick from the 20 meter line for $500, but only the customer can take this kick (not the player)
- All kicks are to be placed kicked (from ground) and use of a tee is allowed. No drop kicks, punts, bombs etc.
- Each kick will be taken directly in front of the post
- If all kicks are missed the winner will receive a $100 gift voucher regardless for their participation and support
- Customers can enter as many times as they like
- Kicker needs to be 18 years and over